It is the obligation of the school district to provide a thorough system of education so that each student has the opportunity to reach his/her fullest potential. The district-approved curriculum form the basis of instruction for each student so that each is sufficiently well educated to contribute to society, be productive in the workforce, and continue their education in pursuit of their career or interests.
Components of the St. Lucie County Public Schools thorough system of education:
• A positive school climate conducive to learning.
• High expectations for student learning and achievement consistent with the State of Florida Next Generation Curriculum and Achievement Standards for grades K-12.
• A district-wide emphasis on the teaching of key skills in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and health.
• A clearly defined set of educational objectives aligned with World-class Achievement Standards.
• Instructional programs which are based on research, best practice and other objective data.
• An organizational structure and financial plan which focuses resources on students and the classroom.
• An evaluation and monitoring system of both students and district programs to enhance student achievement and school district effectiveness.
• A personnel recruitment, evaluation and staff development program designed to ensure that every student has caring, qualified, and effective teachers.
The St. Lucie Curriculum is designed in a quarterly pacing guide known as the Scope and Sequence.
- Nicholas Zrallack - Director of Curriculum
- Odessa Randolph – Executive Secretary
- Janis Conkle – Secretary III
Curriculum Area Supervisors
- Margaret Lewis, Literacy
- Lauren Gieseler, Literacy
- Mandy Rowland, Literacy
- Liz Pruitt, K-12 Math
- Chris Sternfels, Math
- Teri Barenborg, K-12 Science
- Steve Shotola, Title One Science
- Tim Norfleet, K-12 Social Studies
- Zada Armstrong - Instructional Technology Specialist
Response to Instruction and Intervention Specialists
- Mary Beth Makowski, Elementary Literacy
- Gina Renna, Elementary Math
- Amy Slacum, Secondary RtI