4204 Okeechobee Road
Fort Pierce, FL 34947
ph (772) 429-7500
fax (772) 429-7501
Questions or Comments?
Contact Human Resources
Process for Becoming a Substitute Teacher
- To apply to be a Substitute Teacher, Substitute Site Maintenance Worker, Substitute Food Service Worker, etc., visit our web page at www.stlucieschools.org Click on the "Jobs" link, click on the “Click to Apply” blue button, and follow the instructions found on the on-line application main page.
- Your completed application will be processed by the Human Resource Department.
- You will receive an email with instructions to schedule your fingerprint appointment. When you come in for your fingerprints you will have a sub pack to fill out, and there will be a $6.00 fee for your Substitute Badge, payable by check or money order made out to SLCSB, as outlined in the fingerprint and drug screen instructions.
- After your background check is approved you will receive an authorization notification to proceed to the on-line substitute training( this is for Substitute Teachers only).
- For any other substitute position, after your background check is approved, you will be notified by the department of which you applied, and they will assign you accordingly.
- Substitute Teachers aides will be notified to attend the AESOP Training via email notification.
- Substitute Teachers will be notified via E-Mail or in the applicants message board on how to access and complete the on-line Sub Training. The charge for the course is $25.00. As a substitute for the St. Lucie County School District, you will receive a $10.00 discount after you register to pay. This course is called the Sub-Hub.
- When completing the Sub Hub Course: print all five (5) course completion certificates individually after each course, or print (1) certificate after completion of all (5) courses. You will also be required to print and complete the General Acknowledgement form found under the policies section in Sub-Hub and submit/attach it to your on-line application. Once you have finished this process and turned in your documents, you will receive a notification asking you to contact Lisa Kimbrill at 772-429-7509 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your training for AESOP.
- You will need to Attend AESOP Training and after training you will have your Substitute Badge picture taken and received at that time:
Congratulations!! You can now.... start working!!!