Barbara Casteen, Director
4204 Okeechobee Road
Fort Pierce, Fl. 34947
Phone: (772) 429-4510
Fax: (772) 429-4528
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Questions or Comments?
The School Health Services Program is under the supervision of a registered nurse. This supervisor implements and coordinates all the state and local mandated policies as well as supervising and performing the following services:
- Vision and hearing screening
- Scoliosis screening
- Health referrals
- Medical, community and school liaison
- Immunization follow-up
- Health Education
- Nutrition counseling
- Nursing assessments
- Monitoring of communicable conditions
- Evaluations of student health needs
In accordance with Florida Statute 381.0056, the St. Lucie County School District in cooperation with the St. Lucie County Health Department will conduct health screening activities for selected student groups during the school year.
The screenings will include:
- Height and Weight, which will include Body Mass Index (BMI) calculation for grades 1, 3 and 6
- Vision Screening for grade 3
- Vision and Hearing Screenings for grades K, 1, and 6
- Scoliosis Screenings for grade 6
In addition to these screening activities, your child will receive first aid and care in the event he/she is injured or becomes ill while at school.
You will be informed, in writing, if your child fails to meet any of the screening standards. You are encouraged to seek further professional assistance.
If you DO NOT want your child to participate in school health screenings PLEASE NOTIFY THE SCHOOL in writing and include your child’s name and grade.
- Medication Policy
- Authorization for Medication
- Diabetes Authorization
- Insulin Pump Authorization
- Epinephrine Auto-Injector Authorization
- Orthopedic Injury Assistive Device Authorization Form