Yellow school bus transportation is the safest, most economical and friendly method of transporting Florida’s school children. Every day Florida parents send almost a million of their children to a local school bus stop… with peace of mind. School bus drivers are required by law to receive more training than any other driver in the State. A School bus driver receives training in student management and first aid. A school bus driver’s background is checked by the Department of Justice and/or the FBI prior to receiving a license to drive a school bus. School bus stops are strictly regulated by laws. Procedures to load and unload the students are also regulated by laws. School bus drivers are regulated by hundreds of additional laws governing the operation and maintenance of a school bus. School Bus drivers receive so much original and continual training, that a school bus driver can legally drive any bus on the roadways. The accident and injury rate of yellow school buses in the United States makes the Yellow School Bus the safest ride in America!
Here Comes the Bus
St. Lucie Public Schools is excited to announce the adoption of an innovative mobile device app and website entitled, Here Comes the Bus.
- Allapattah Flats
- Bayshore Elementary School
- F. K. Sweet Elementary School
- Fort Pierce Central High School
- Fort Pierce Magnet School of the Arts
- Lawnwood Elementary
- Lincoln Park Academy
- Mariposa Elementary
- Parkway Elementary School
- Samuel S. Gaines Elementary K-8 School
- Savanna Ridge Elementary
- Southport Middle School
- West Gate K-8
- Your first name and last name
- School Code: 77914
- Email address used for your Here Comes the Bus account
- Best number to reach you
- Your child’s last name and student ID #
- Description of the problem
How to Register for Bus Service
- Review the Safe Walking and Biking Journey interactive pedestrian safety awareness program with your child.
- Review the Tips for Parents (which includes the Florida Statute regarding responsibility of St. Lucie Public Schools and parents/guardians for students who are transported at public expense).
- Review Questions and Answers About Daycare (if applicable).
- If not already registered, please register your child as a school bus rider.
- Find your bus route.
All bus stop information is subject to change and is updated daily to show current, bus routes, bus stops, and stop times. Please check for changes frequently. If your child must cross a major traffic artery to walk to school, please contact School Transportation at (772) 340-7120 for crossing guard locations or hazardous area bus stop locations.
According to the last National Safety Council findings, Yellow School buses are:
times safer than your family automobile
times safer than flying
times safer than a passenger train
times safer than transit or intercity buses
- North Transportation Complex
- 601 S. 29th St. Fort Pierce, Fl. 34947
- Phone: (772) 204-RIDE (7433)
- Fax: (772) 468-5122
- South Transportation Complex
- 325 N.W. Commerce Park Dr. Port St. Lucie, Fl. 34986
- Phone: (772) 204-RIDE (7433)
- Fax: (772) 785-6624 Questions or Comments? Contact Us