North Transportation Complex
601 S. 29th St.
Fort Pierce, Fl. 34947
Phone: (772) 340-7120
Fax: (772) 468-5122
South Transportation Complex
325 N.W. Commerce Park Dr.
Port St. Lucie, Fl. 34986
Phone: (772) 340-7120
Fax: (772) 785-6624
Questions or Comments?
Reporting Unsafe Bus Stop Behavior
The safety of our children is the number one priority of St Lucie County School District’ Transportation Department. Today’s children contend with morning rush hour traffic, few sidewalks, and motorists with their minds elsewhere and their phones in their hands. Parents are the frontline protectors of their children.
- Parents are encouraged to walk with or transport their children to and from bus stops.
- Parents must ensure that their children arrive at the bus stop in the morning at least ten minutes prior to pick up time.
- Parents are responsible for their children’s safety and well-being on the way to and from the bus stops and while at the bus stops.
- Parents are responsible for the proper conduct of their children on the way and from and while at the bus stops.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children, along with district personnel while the children are aboard the bus.
- Parents are expected to cooperate with district personnel regarding the safe and effective transport of their children.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the school or the transportation department when they observe unsafe conditions.
- Every child should have a responsible parent or designated adult to supervise bus stop safety.
When parents are negligent in this area, the Transportation Department depends on the community and its citizens to report safety concerns such as:
Playing or sitting in the street
Misbehavior or vandalism
Causing neighborhood disturbances
New construction beginning in the area of the stop
Unsafe drivers in the area of the stop
Illicit or illegal activities
Unattached adults lingering near the area of the stop
Any concern related to the safety of students
Citizens may contact the appropriate law enforcement agency if a crime is being committed or contact email@example.com to assist in keeping all children safe at school bus stops.