Educating our children is a top priority in St. Lucie County. We offer families choices in selecting schools for their children.
In St. Lucie County Schools, the system of one neighborhood, one school, has evolved into the concept of a larger community with several schools to choose from.
What was once an annual ritual of redrawing school boundaries, moving children from one school to another involuntarily to accommodate growth, has been replaced with an open-enrollment system where parents select from among a variety of schools close to where they live. Once a child is enrolled in a school, parents have the assurance that their student will remain in that school through the highest grade offered unless the parent voluntarily chooses a different school.
Our partnerships with parents, schools, businesses and community members provide a full and rich education for the children of St. Lucie County. As a result of these unique partnerships, our schools offer a variety of quality experiences that prepare St. Lucie students for the future.
Because we understand that selecting a school for your child is an important decision the professional staff at the Student Assignment Office is available to discuss your options and assist you through the application process. Please contact us at (772) 429-3930.
School Assignment Process (how to apply)
- Review the assignment process, the steps you need to take to register your child for school
- Utilize our school zone search to find your school zone
- Apply for your school choices- Elementary/Middle/High School Applications
- Apply for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Review transportation information below and register for bus service
- Review the Safe Walking and Biking Journey interactive pedestrian safety awareness program with your child.
- Review the Florida Statute regarding Responsibility of the School District and Parents or Guardians for students who are Transported at Public Expense. Also please read our questions and anwers about Daycare.
- If not already registered, please register your child as a school bus rider.
- Find the school bus route nearest you.
- Add your child to the school bus route nearest you.
All bus stop information is subject to change and is updated daily to show current, bus routes, bus stops, and stop times. Please check for changes frequently. If your child must cross a major traffic artery to walk to school, please contact School Transportation at (772) 340-7120 for crossing guard locations or hazardous area bus stop locations.
- Marine and Oceanographic Academy
- International Baccalaureate Curriculum
- Advanced Placement Curriculum
- AICE Curriculum
- African and African American Studies
Career Specialists and CTE teachers have information and resources to help students identify their career interests and help set them on the right education and training path to their chosen occupation or career.
- Business & Marketing
- Computer & Media Technologies
- Criminal Justice, Education, Culinary Arts
- Engineering & Industrial Technologies
- Health & Environmental Sciences