The health and safety of your children is our top priority. District personnel are in close contact with the Florida Department of Health in St. Lucie County about concerns across the country and around the world regarding the flu and coronavirus. We will continue to work with the Health Department to review our strategy and plans in how we as a school district would respond to a case in our local area.
We want you to be aware that there are no reported cases of coronavirus anywhere in Florida, including here in St. Lucie County. This message is not to alarm you, but to inform you that our district is remaining vigilant as we monitor the situation and seek further information to protect your children.
Here are some steps your family can take to protect against any known viruses or sickness:
- Teach your children to wash their hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds. Be sure to set a good example by doing this yourself.
- Keep children who are sick at home. Do not send them to school.
- Teach your children to cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or coughing into the inside of the elbow.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Ensure your child is up to date on all immunizations.