As part of its emergency preparedness efforts, SLPS continues to be proactive in our preparation and preventative measures. The school district is prepared for any contingencies but please note as of this date, March 13th, there are no confirmed COVID 19 cases in St. Lucie County.
The Office of Teaching and Learning has developed a handbook for teachers and families including online courses and supplemental resources for students to use at home if school must be closed. The handbook will include directions on how to access lessons; any needed training will be incorporated. The District is collecting information to ensure that all elementary parent and secondary student emails are updated. Furthermore, the District is determining digital readiness of families and employees.
Please review the following important information:
Employee and Student Travel
Re-entry of Students and Staff returning from ALL Cruises and ANY International Travel
- It is not advised by the CDC to embark on ANY cruises.
- Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who goes on foreign travel, to any country, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
- Anyone (students/faculty/staff/etc.) who goes on a cruise, anywhere, must self-isolate for 14 days upon return.
- Seek medical advice and contact the Health Department if you exhibit any symptoms, (772) 462-3800.
Field Trips / Athletics
- Out of state school field trips have been cancelled.
- · All In-state field trips have been cancelled.
- · Athletic contests will be handled on a case by case basis.
- · We will continue to work closely with the Florida Department of Health regarding travel
All Employee Professional Leave, In State and Out of State, has been cancelled.
We understand that this may be a stressful time for you and your family. There are resources available here on the District’s website that may provide support.
Supporting the Social and Emotional Needs of Students is a user friendly guide to support you during this uncertain time. Finally, check our website frequently for the latest information about coronavirus. Thank you for your commitment to our students. Remember to practice good hygiene and follow the recommendation of the CDC and Health Department. Please contact your Principal/Supervisor with any questions.
Wishing you and your family a safe and healthy spring break.
E. Wayne Gent