Technology Specialists Contacts
Technology Support Specialist
Instructional Technology Specialist
In-Service Data Specialist
Instructional Technology Notebook
Tech Up Check Up Podcast
Listen wherever you get your podcasts from; Apple, iHeart Radio, Pandora, Amazon, etc.
Canvas Learning Management System
SLPS utilizes Canvas LMS, a modern and innovative learning management system (LMS).
Canvas is the 21st Century LMS. Adaptable. Reliable. Customizable. Easy to use. Mobile. Time-saving. And, perhaps most importantly, it gets used. That’s because it’s designed to get out of your way, to let you do your thing. Every last feature, every last interface is crafted to save you time and effort and to make teaching and learning easier.
One of the key features of Canvas is the integration with Skyward. Meaning all students are loaded and ready to go in your courses. All Canvas assignments will automatically transfer into your Skyward Grade Book.
Employees can log into Canvas using your SLPS credentials. You can also find a shortcut to Canvas in the Office365 waffle.
Training opportunities will be posted in Frontline for teachers, administrators, and district personnel.
If you are a district employee and are having trouble accessing a professional development course in Canvas please contact Julia Hilburn.
If you are a teacher and need assistance with your district-created Canvas courses, Skyward rostering in Canvas, or Curriculum materials in Canvas, please contact Jessica.Gutierrez.
The Talent Development Department offers an array of professional development courses for St. Lucie Public Schools non-instructional and instructional staff members via Canvas.
SLPS employees are expected to:
- complete courses with the highest level of integrity
- complete each assignment individually by the scheduled due dates
- collaborate with colleagues within the course and participate in group discussion boards
- receive full credit on all assignments (if asked to resubmit).
Starting in the 2020-2021 school year, the following teachers will be required to either hold the Reading Endorsement, Reading K-12 certification or to begin the course requirements to add Reading Endorsement to their certificate.
- A 3rd Grade teacher that has a student that has been retained in 3rd grade.
- Any teacher that is listed as the teacher of record for a Tier 3 reading intervention.
- Any teacher that would like to be considered to teach 3rd grade Summer School
#LITslps - Leaders of Innovative Technology
SLPS is proud to offer three technology cohorts made up of teachers to take the lead and grow the implementation of technology in their classrooms and throughout their school sites.
Talent Development is focusing on the technology integration matrix for classroom instruction and technology leadership opportunities. Each cohort will participate in virtual PLC’s, coaching cycles, video-based coaching, Microsoft collaboration and professional development opportunities. In addition, participants will receive support and feedback from district Leaders of Innovative Technology specialists.
Microsoft Innovator Educator Program
MIEs use Microsoft tools in the classroom and have learned the fundamentals of applying technology in education. This is the first step on an exciting journey of joining a professional network of enthusiastic educators who come together to learn, share, and grow.
Congratulations to our newest MIE Advanced Educators
Congratulations to our newest MIE Certified Teachers
• Ann Ashton • Kelly Avilla • Beth Bonvie • Selvia Brown • Natalee Burke • Vanessa Capo • Sean Caroglanian • Jodie Certosimo • Estrella Figueredo Gonzalez • Deborah Girling • Julius Guerra • Amy Isenhower • Bertrice Jean Hubbard • Merlyn Mathew • Michael McCarthy • Alicia Miller • Rachel Morales-Lopez • Paige Parinelli • Janie Pizzarello • Victoria Randolph • Janelle Saxton Hertz • Michelle Schucher • Brittany Sheffield • Evelyn Stover • Janet Tavera • Jessica Taylor • Diane Walker
- MIE Experts have adopted 21st century teaching and learning, take risks, and strive to improve their pedagogy to integrate technology tools that improve student outcomes.
- They model that failure is an opportunity to reflect and learn as well as resiliency.
- They are seen as a leader in their school and school system and provide coaching/mentoring to other teachers and support their growth.
- They partner with principals and school leaders in whole school/system transformation.
- They are comfortable presenting in front of other educators/leaders and sharing their stories of growth and learning.
- They see the MIE Expert community as a valuable Professional Learning Community that helps them continue to improve their own practice and give back to the teaching profession (MIE Experts get back what they put into the program).
Microsoft Office 365 Suite
St. Lucie Public School District is a proud user of Microsoft and offer a Work at Home License.
The Talent Development department has Swivl Robots available for checkout throughout the school year. Educators can check out a Swivl robot for 2-week time periods via this form. Teachers and administrators can use Swivl to reflect on their classroom practices using video recordings.
Teachers can view their own recordings and get support as needed from colleagues, coaches, or administrators. Real-time support could even be provided using Swivl’s digital coaching technology without interrupting classroom instruction.
If you want to learn more about Swivl and what you can use them for, contact Julia Hilburn for ideas and personalized support in checking one out today!