The Talent Development Department offers an array of professional development courses for St. Lucie Public Schools non-instructional and instructional staff members via Canvas.
SLPS employees are expected to:
- complete courses with the highest level of integrity
- complete each assignment individually by the scheduled due dates
- collaborate with colleagues within the course and participate in group discussion boards
- receive full credit on all assignments (if asked to resubmit).
PD Alternatives - FDLRS
FDLRS offers professional development alternatives for teachers.
These online modules provide comprehensive, high quality and accessible professional development opportunities for Florida educators.
Are you currently teaching in gifted programs or interested in completing course-work for the Gifted Endorsement? FDLRS is offering the following modules AT NO COST, exclusively for educators in St. Lucie, Martin, Indian River and Okeechobee counties. Each 8-week course will be offered online. FDLRS Galaxy will offer the gifted endorsement module, Nature and Needs of the Gifted, online through Northeast Florida Education Consortium (NEFEC), beginning August 15, 2022. FDLRS Galaxy will provide the tuition for 25 participants. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
New Professional Initiatives
Talent Development is now offering two new PD initiatives for teachers. Below you will find information on the new offerings. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please reach out to Belinda.Benner@stlucieschools.org.
- PD on Demand: Micro-Learning Modules
- PD on Demand offers professional learning at your fingertips, designed intentionally so that strategies can be instantly put into practice! Access the micro-learning modules anytime, anywhere! Each session is broken into bite-sized learning which can be completed in approximately 1-hour. Micro-learning modules include direct instruction videos from expert trainers, activities, and additional resources to dive deeper into the following focus areas: Teacher Wellness, Culture & Learning Environment, Building Success in the Classroom, and Teacher Desk.
- EDUChat Drop-in Sessions
- Deepen conversations around the professional learning acquired within the PD on Demand Micro-Learning Modules and more! Ongoing learning together with SLPS peers & access to #SLPSTalks with guest speakers.
Please note: If you are an employee visiting the District Office for a training, please leave the parking spaces labeled “Guest” for families and individuals visiting for school district services. Employee parking is located on either side of the building. Thank you.