Visiting a School?
- Legally park your vehicle
- Always check in at the main office
- Have and present a valid source of identification
Safety/Security Department Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to calls for service from schools, buses, bus stops, other district facilities.
- Coordinate law enforcement assignments and provide security at athletic events.
- Issue employee and contractor identification badges.
- Provide technical assistance and on-going staff training.
- Coordinate and assist with emergency drills at district schools and facilities.
- Coordination and emergency planning with local law enforcement, emergency management and public safety communications.
- Maintain the security camera systems at all schools and facilities.
- Monitor and utilize the security camera system to identify safety concerns, and to investigate security issues and criminal incidents.
- Provide equipment checks on emergency communications devices.
- Provide security at meetings and at special events.
- Close patrols and directed patrols of schools and district facilities.
- Assist law enforcement with criminal investigations and other issues involving the school district.
- Assist district departments and schools with safety and security issues/concerns.
- Assists Transportation Department in maintaining safe and secure transportation for all students riding buses.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure a safe school environment.
- Evaluate existing procedures, and safety and security systems to determine their effectiveness and to implement improvements when necessary.
Submit a Tip to Crimestoppers Online
Chief, Safety / Security Dept.
Deputy Chief, Safety / Security