St. Lucie Public Schools is committed to the safe transportation of our students.
All of our buses include:
- GPS Tracking
- Video Monitoring Equipment
- 2 way Radio for Communication with drivers
- Seat belts for our students
In addition, we have:
- Here Comes the Bus app that tracks your student’s bus.
- School Messenger system to communicate delays to parents/guardians as necessary.
Your students’ safety is our priority.
: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in D:\slcsb\wp-content\plugins\vc-extensions-bundle\floatcaption\vc-extensions-floatcaption.php
on line 240
Our core mission is to transport our children to and from their centers of learning in a safe, timely, efficient and academically supportive manner. We are the first step in our children’s educational journey.
North Transportation Complex
601 S. 29th St. Fort Pierce, Fl. 34947
(772) 204-RIDE (7433)
Fax: (772) 468-5122
South Transportation Complex
325 N.W. Commerce Park Dr. Port St. Lucie, Fl. 34986
(772) 204-RIDE (7433)
Fax: (772) 785-6624
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app or visit http://www.herecomesthebus.com
- Enter school code 77914 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number
- Once you confirm your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
If you need customer support for Here Comes the Bus:
Contact our transportation department at (772)204-RIDE (7433)
times safer than your family automobile
times safer than a passenger train
times safer than transit or intercity buses
According to the last National Safety Council findings, Yellow School buses are:
Our core mission is to transport our children to and from their centers of learning in a safe, timely, efficient and academically supportive manner.
We are the first step in our children’s educational journey.
St. Lucie School Transportation runs the 75th largest fleet in the nation. We serve the district from two terminals, North County Compound (NCC) and South County Compound (SCC). Each terminal has supervisory staff and dispatchers covering each shift and routing personnel to serve parents and students.
All buses are equipped with two way radios and are monitored by on board cameras and satellite tracking devices. Bus routing is accomplished through a computer database with a map based road network designed to optimize bus efficiency. Bus stops are located to be in the safest, most central position for all eligible riders. All stops are located according to state and district guidelines with safety, timeliness and efficiency in mind.
Yellow school bus transportation is the safest, most economical and friendly method of transporting Florida’s school children. Every day Florida parents send almost a million of their children to a local school bus stop… with peace of mind.
School bus drivers are required by law to receive more training than any other driver in the State. A School bus driver receives training in student management and first aid. A school bus driver’s background is checked by the Department of Justice and/or the FBI prior to receiving a license to drive a school bus.
School bus stops are strictly regulated by laws. Procedures to load and unload the students are also regulated by laws.
School bus drivers are regulated by hundreds of additional laws governing the operation and maintenance of a school bus. School Bus drivers receive so much original and continual training, that a school bus driver can legally drive any bus on the roadways.
The accident and injury rate of yellow school buses in the United States makes the Yellow School Bus the safest ride in America!
All of our school bus drivers under go multiple trainings and certifications each year to ensure that the children of our community are transported each and every day with care, professionalism and the knowledge to help promote their individual school bus experience.
Both drivers and aides are certified in the following:
- State of Florida Basic School Bus Curriculum
- Exceptional Student Education Training
- On the Road Training by Certified Department of Education Instructors
- C.H.A.M.P.S – Strategies to promote positive student behavior
Full-Time Driver – Starts at $17.52/hour (plus benefits)
Sub Driver – $16/hour
Full-Time Aide – Starts at $15.00/hour (plus benefits)
Sub Aide – $15/hour
We Train You!!
- Have a clean driving record of 5 years
- Pass the DMV written CDL exam with Passenger/School Bus/Air Brake Endorsement
- Attend and pass the Transportation Training program (includes classroom and on the road training)
- Pass Background Check, Drug Test & Physical
- Minimum required training is 40 hours
Upcoming Driver Training Schedule
Take a Look INSIDE a Bus!