Call Virginie Milfort at 772-429-3933 or email
All forms should be completed and returned to:
St. Lucie Public Schools
Student Assignment Department
9461 Brandywine Lane
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
Parent Responsibilities in Establishing a Home Schooling Program
- Send a notice of intent to home school to the district school superintendent (Intent to Home School Form)
- Maintain a portfolio of records
- Make your portfolio available for inspection by the superintendent upon a 15-day written notice
- Submit an annual evaluation for each home schooled child to the superintendent
- Preserve the portfolio of each home schooled child for two years
- Submit a letter of termination upon completion of your home education program, upon enrollment in a public or private school, or upon moving from St. Lucie County
Florida law regarding Home Education
- Home education students may participate in interscholastic extracurricular student activities in accordance with the provisions of 1006.15.
- Home education students may participate in the Bright Futures Scholarship Program in accordance with the provisions of 1009.53.
- Home education students may participate in dual enrollment programs in accordance with the provisions of 1007.27 and 1007.271.
- Home education students are eligible for admission to community colleges in accordance with the provisions of 1007.263.
- Home education program students may receive testing and evaluation services at diagnostic and resource centers, in accordance with the provisions of 1006.03.