- A positive school climate conducive to learning.
- High expectations for student learning and achievement consistent with the State of Florida Next Generation Curriculum and Achievement Standards for grades K-12.
- A district-wide emphasis on the teaching of key skills in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and health.
- A clearly defined set of educational objectives aligned with World-class Achievement Standards.
- Instructional programs which are based on research, best practice and other objective data.
- An organizational structure and financial plan which focuses resources on students and the classroom.
- An evaluation and monitoring system of both students and district programs to enhance student achievement and school district effectiveness.
- A personnel recruitment, evaluation and staff development program designed to ensure that every student has caring, qualified, and effective teachers.
Scope and Sequence
Health Education provides students with the knowledge and skills they need to be healthy throughout their lifetime. The intent of a comprehensive health education program is to motivate students to maintain and improve their health, prevent disease, and avoid or reduce health-related risk behaviors. Comprehensive health education addresses 12 component areas under Florida State Statute 1003.42 (2)(n) – Required Instruction
- AP Curriculum
- AP Central: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/Controller.jpf
- College Board Florida Partnership: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html
Dual Enrollment Program – Available at all High Schools
- Book Depot: 331 NW Commerce Park Drive, PSL Open 8:30-4:00
- Articulation Agreements: http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/pdf/departments/curriculum/DI-ArticulationAgreements.pdf
International Baccalaureate (IB) – Port St. Lucie HIgh School, Lincoln Park Academy
Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) – Treasure Coast High School, St. Luce West Centennial High School, Fort Pierce Westwood High School
Career and Technical Education – http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/cte/ Language Arts/Reading/Writing Programs/Framework
Social Studies Programs
Kimberly Jay – Director of Elementary Curriculum
Megan Green – Director of Secondary Curriculum
- Dr. Mary Huffstetter, Early Childhood Coordinator
- Liz Pruitt, Curriculum Coordinator
- Beth Bonvie, K-12 Science
- Kimberlee Cooper, Secondary Programs and Secondary ELA
- Cassie Dillard, VPK
- Kate Ems, K-12 Social Studies
- Liz Fisher, K-2 ELA Curriculum
- Heather Knab, K-5 ELA Interventionist
- Kelly Lunt, K-12 STEM Curriculum
- Amabel Morales, Instructional Materials Manager
- Dorthea Oatts, 6-12 ELA Curriculum
- Paul Reif, K-12 Science/Academic Competitions
- Mandy Rowland, Literacy
- TBA, Secondary Mathematics
- Christina Worley, Elementary Math