- A positive school climate conducive to learning.
- High expectations for student learning and achievement consistent with the State of Florida Next Generation Curriculum and Achievement Standards for grades K-12.
- A district-wide emphasis on the teaching of key skills in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and health.
- A clearly defined set of educational objectives aligned with World-class Achievement Standards.
- Instructional programs which are based on research, best practice and other objective data.
- An organizational structure and financial plan which focuses resources on students and the classroom.
- An evaluation and monitoring system of both students and district programs to enhance student achievement and school district effectiveness.
- A personnel recruitment, evaluation and staff development program designed to ensure that every student has caring, qualified, and effective teachers.
Scope and Sequence
Advanced Placement (AP) – Available at all High Schools
- AP Curriculum
- AP Central: http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/Controller.jpf
- College Board Florida Partnership: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html
Dual Enrollment Program – Available at all High Schools
- Book Depot: 331 NW Commerce Park Drive, PSL Open 8:30-4:00
- Articulation Agreements: http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/pdf/departments/curriculum/DI-ArticulationAgreements.pdf
International Baccalaureate (IB) – Port St. Lucie HIgh School, Lincoln Park Academy
Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) – Treasure Coast High School, St. Luce West Centennial High School, Fort Pierce Westwood High School
Career and Technical Education – http://www.stlucie.k12.fl.us/cte/ Language Arts/Reading/Writing Programs/Framework
Social Studies Programs
Kimberly Jay – Director of Curriculum
- Dr. Mary Huffstetter, Early Childhood Coordinator
- Liz Pruitt, Curriculum Coordinator
- Beth Bonvie, K-12 Science
- Jason Bragg, Secondary Math
- Kimberlee Cooper, Secondary Programs and Secondary ELA
- Cassie Dillard, VPK
- Kate Ems, K-12 Social Studies
- Amabel Morales, Instructional Materials Manager
- Heather Knab, K-5 ELA Interventionist
- Paul Reif, K-12 Science/Academic Competitions
- Mandy Rowland, Literacy
- Christina Worley, Elementary Math