- The college or university will assign field experiences, practicums and student teaching through an agreement with St. Lucie Public Schools.
- Students must be fingerprinted and receive a clearance letter prior to performing any assignments at school sites.
- Fingerprinting and background checks are a cost to the student in the amount of $49.25 payable on-line when fingerprint appointments are made through Fieldprint. Detailed instructions can be found on the “Fingerprinting-College Students”
- Students will pay an annual retention fee of $6.00 so that fingerprints remain active throughout the college experience. See detail at the bottom of the “Fingerprinting-College Students” link.
- Submit a photo ID and receipt for payment of the retention fee to receive the Clearance Letter from the Human Resources Department.
- School sites will ask to see the Clearance Letter when a college student reports the first day.
Pursuant to Florida Statue 1012.32 background and criminal history checks must be completed and results must be cleared prior to beginning your classroom observation. Results will be received and reported to the Human Resources Department.
Students are required to submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of a current valid government issued photo ID and a copy of your retention fee payment receipt prior to receiving fingerprint clearance. To schedule your fingerprints and pay for your badge follow the instructions outlined below:
- Visit www.fieldprintflorida.com
- Click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button.
- Enter an email address under “New Users/Sign Up” and click the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question and then click “Sign Up and Continue”.
- On the “Reason for Fingerprinting” page, use the code FPStLucieStudent in the box provided.
- Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing.
- At the end of the process, print the Confirmation Page. Take the Confirmation Page with you to your fingerprint appointment, along with two forms of identification.
- If you have any questions or problems, you may contact our customer service team at 877-614-4364 or email@example.com.
ALL students will be required to pay a Florida Department of Law Enforcement retention fee payable at https://stlucie.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=6 by Discover, Master Card, or Visa. All fees are non-refundable.