St. Lucie Public Schools has opportunities for qualified candidates to join our substitute teaching team. Interested candidates will hold a minimum of high school diploma or equivalent and must agree to work at least two days per month. Our substitute teachers earn a base rate of $97.50 per day for day-to-day substituting. Substitute teachers in our Critical Needs sites earn $126.00 per day. Substitute teachers in Long Term Assignments (21 days or more) earn $160.00 per day. We value our substitute teachers and provide free tutorials and guidance to those individuals who wish to pursue teaching as a career.
- To apply as a Substitute, click the “Apply Now” button above.
- Once you have submitted your completed application, it will be processed by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been hired, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule and pay for your photo ID badge, fingerprint and drug screen appointments. A link will be included for you to schedule your appointment to complete your onboarding packet in the Human Resources Department.
- Upon completion of the steps above, you will be contacted by the department of which you applied, and they will assign you accordingly.
- Complete the steps above.
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your on-line training.
- Once the on-line training is completed you will be scheduled for orientation.
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your Job Specific Testing.
- Once your test results have cleared you will be scheduled for orientation.