St. Lucie Public Schools has opportunities for qualified candidates to join our substitute teaching team. Interested candidates will hold a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or 60 college credits and must agree to work at least two days per month. · Substitute teachers in Long Term Assignments (21 days or more) earn $100.00 per day. · Substitute teachers in our Critical Needs sites earn $90.00 per day for day to day substituting. · Our substitute teachers earn a base rate of $71.00 per day and receive a rate increase to $90.00 per day after meeting our frequency requirements. We value our substitute teachers and provide free tutorials and guidance to those individuals who wish to pursue teaching as a career.
- To apply as a Substitute, click the “Apply Now” button above.
- Once you have submitted your completed application, it will be processed by the Human Resources Department.
- Once you have been hired, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule and pay for your photo ID badge, fingerprint and drug screen appointments. A link will be included for you to schedule your appointment to complete your onboarding packet in the Human Resources Department.
- Upon completion of the steps above, you will be contacted by the department of which you applied, and they will assign you accordingly.
- Complete the steps above.
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your on-line training.
- Once the on-line training is completed you will be scheduled for orientation.
- After your background check and drug screen results have cleared, you will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed to your Job Specific Testing.
- Once your test results have cleared you will be scheduled for orientation.
HR Records Specialist