Do you have what it takes to become a Wellness Champion?
What is a Wellness Champion? – Someone with a sincere desire to support a healthy lifestyle and disease prevention in the workplace. A Wellness Champion has a strong commitment to health, regardless if she/he is on the right path towards optimal health, and desires to help & motivate others.
What is the role of a Wellness Champion?
- Assists in spreading the word and organizing wellness events at the workplace
- Posts flyers and managing bulletin boards for employees to view
- Speaks at staff meetings about upcoming wellness events
- Attends the School Health Advisory Council Meetings if possible
- Encourages participation of events and is available for any wellness related question
- Becomes knowledgeable about the incentive plan so you can help others
- Stays in communication with your Districts Wellness Manager via email and phone
Join the SLPS’s goal in having the healthiest employees and the most pleasant working environment! If you have what it takes to commit to the Wellness program becoming the best it can be, let us know!