Through the collaborative effort of parents, community and educators, the Exceptional Student Education (ESE) District Advisory Committee will support the Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) for each child. Through fact-finding, raising awareness and advocacy, the ESE District Advisory Committee will assist all schools and their leaders in providing a quality education for each child. Our committee serves in an advisory capacity to support the individual and collective needs of exceptional students by:
- Advising in the appropriation of resources.
- Surveying, assessing and advising on professional development needs.
- Effectively supporting the implementation of scientifically research/evidence-based practices.
- Supporting school-based LRE Committees.
- Supporting the recruitment and retention of Highly Qualified Teachers and related service professionals.
- Promoting best practices for inclusive education in all schools.
- Strengthening relationships by collaborative working with all stakeholders through promoting clear and open communication.
FDLRS (pronounced fiddlers) is a network of nineteen state and federally funded associate centers which provide support services to educators, families of students with exceptionalities, and community agencies throughout Florida. Each center provides services in the four areas of Child Find, Human Resources Development, Parent Services, and Technology. Visit FDLRS
The multiagency network for students with or at-risk of emotional or behavorial disabilities. More information
Scholarships for Students with Disabilities
Your child may be eligible to participate in the John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities Program. This program was created to provide educational options to parents of disabled students. The McKay Scholarships Program also offers parents public school choice. A parent of a special needs student who is dissatisfied with the student’s current school may choose to transfer the student to another public school. Click for more information about McKay Scholarships Contact Belinda Corey at 429-4577 or email@example.com
- Parents as Partners
- No Parent Left Behind
- Florida Department of Education ESE
- Center for Development and Learning
- Family Network on Disabilities
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Center for Parent Information and Resources for Children with Disabilities
- NAMI-National Alliance on Mental Illness – Family Guide
- Exceptional Student Education Policies and Procedures (SP&P)
- ESE Tutorial Videos
- Compliance Self-Assessment
- Scripted Stories to Develop Social-Emotional Skills in Students
- Procedural Safeguards for Parents of Students with Disabilities – English
- Procedural Safeguards – Spanish
- Procedural Safeguards – Creole
- Procedural Safeguards – French
- Procedural Safeguards-Portuguese
- Procedural Safeguards for Exceptional Students Who Are Gifted
- Procedural Safeguards for Exceptional Students Who Are Gifted-Spanish