- About Us
- Contact Us
- Current Opportunities
- Awarded Bids/RFPs
- Upcoming Projects/Bids
- Purchasing Manual
- Purchasing Guidelines
- Vendor Performance Report
- Sole Source Posting
- How to Do Business with Us
- Credit Letter
- Vendor Application
- Vendor Ethics/Lobbying
- Purchase Order Terms & Conditions
- Payment Status Inquires
The Department coordinates procurement of goods and/or services for over 40 school sites and more than 20 departments. The St Lucie Public School system educates approximately 40,000 students each year and is one of the largest employers in the County, with approximately 5,000 employees. In Fiscal year 2016-2017 the Department processed over $60 million in goods and services purchases.
- Give first consideration to the objectives and policies of St. Lucie Public Schools.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and district policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier; and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of the School District permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all who call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purposes of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with FAPPO members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.