Engineering is the creative application of scientific and mathematical principles to design, build, and maintain structure, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes. The discipline of engineering is extremely broad including aeronautical, civil, electrical, industrial, and mechanical. Engineering Technology studies incorporates foundational concepts that apply to all of these areas.
Program Offered At
Potential Industry Certifications / Credentials
- MSSC Certified Production Technician (CPT)
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk Inventor
Areas of Study
- Working in teams, students design, engineer, manufacture, construct, test, redesign, test again, and produce a finished project.
- Students study various aspects of Engineering and the many related career pathways in Engineering.
- Students undertake challenging coursework in math, science, and engineering, explore a variety of STEM careers.
- The engineering design process, troubleshooting, research and development, invention and innovation, and experimentation in technical problem-solving.
- Engineering principles as applied to thermal, electrical, fluid and mechanical systems.
- Core concepts of manufacturing, transportation, construction, engineering, and information/communication technologies.
- Instruction in the use of safety procedures, tools, equipment, materials, and processes related to occupations in these fields.
- Partnerships with local businesses and organizations provide opportunities to explore engineering careers while in high school.
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)
Labor Market Information
This program supports students' college and career readiness. Students are college and career ready when they have the knowledge, skills, and academic preparation needed to enroll and succeed in college credit-bearing courses within an associate or bachelor degree program without the need for remediation. Students need these same attributes and levels of achievement to enter and succeed in post-secondary workforce education or to enter a career path offering a living wage and future advancement.
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Aerospace Technologies
- Allied Health - FPC
- Allied Health - FPWA
- Allied Health - PSLH
- Allied Health - SLWC
- Allied Health - TCHS
- Animal Science and Services
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Applied Robotics
- Building Construction Technology
- Commercial Art
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Design
- Digital Media / Multimedia Design
- Digital Video Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Technology
- Fashion Marketing
- Game Simulation / Animation / Programming
- Game Simulation / Animation / Visual Design
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Technology
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Biotechnology
- International Business
- Maintenance and Light Repair
- Marketing Management and Entrepreneurial Principles
- Microsoft Academy
- Outboard Marine Service Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Project Lead the Way / Biomedical Sciences
- Project Lead the Way / Computer Science and Robotics
- Project Lead-the-Way / Engineering
- Technical Agriculture Operations
- Technical Design
- TV Production
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Development