Biotechnology is the infusion of technology into biology and life sciences to develop products to improve our lives and the health of our planet. Industrial biotechnology creates products that combat disease, reduce our environmental footprint, use less and cleaner energy, make useful food products, and have safer, cleaner, more efficient industrial manufacturing.
Go to Top
Program Offered At
Potential Industry Certifications / Credentials
- Biotechnician Assistant (BACE)
Areas of Study
- Biotechnology students learn basic techniques used in the Biotech field such as growing microorganisms in culture, transforming bacteria cells with new genetic material, and separating components of cells to explore macromolecules such as Nucleic Acids and Proteins.
- Technology is a cornerstone that reinforces and enhances classroom and laboratory lessons, as students develop intense scientific research skills.
- In the Biotech Lab, students are learning to work with a buffered solution which is a common ingredient used to maintain the integrity of DNA structure and function as it is tested.
- Project-based activities solidify student understanding and prepares the student for entry-level jobs as lab technician assistants, and continuing education in the dynamic and diverse field of Biotechnology.
- Close association with local industry and post-secondary partners provide additional learning experiences in this cutting-edge field.
- Students who complete this unique CTE program will earn 2 CTE credits, and 1 full Science credit which may be used to meet the graduation requirement of an “Equally Rigorous Science” credit.
Earn College Credit
Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO)
Labor Market Information
This program supports students' college and career readiness. Students are college and career ready when they have the knowledge, skills, and academic preparation needed to enroll and succeed in college credit-bearing courses within an associate or bachelor degree program without the need for remediation. Students need these same attributes and levels of achievement to enter and succeed in post-secondary workforce education or to enter a career path offering a living wage and future advancement.
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Aerospace Technologies
- Allied Health - FPC
- Allied Health - FPWA
- Allied Health - PSLH
- Allied Health - SLWC
- Allied Health - TCHS
- Animal Science and Services
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Applied Robotics
- Building Construction Technology
- Commercial Art
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Design
- Digital Media / Multimedia Design
- Digital Video Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Technology
- Fashion Marketing
- Game Simulation / Animation / Programming
- Game Simulation / Animation / Visual Design
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Technology
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Industrial Biotechnology
- International Business
- Maintenance and Light Repair
- Marketing Management and Entrepreneurial Principles
- Microsoft Academy
- Outboard Marine Service Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Project Lead the Way / Biomedical Sciences
- Project Lead the Way / Computer Science and Robotics
- Project Lead-the-Way / Engineering
- Technical Agriculture Operations
- Technical Design
- TV Production
- Veterinary Assisting
- Web Development